Tuesday 6 April 2010

Sunshine for the start

Day 1 of the real campaign.
Lord Andrew Phillips opened the Bury St Edmunds office and 3 PPCs, David (Bury St Edmunds), Belinda (West Suffolk) and I joined in the short speeches and the numerous supporters by the M&S store and the Methodist Church in the centre of Bury. I think Bury St Edmunds could be an interesting result to watch.

Clear message, we've had 65 years of Labour and Tories making the same old mistakes over and over. The choice in this election is more of the same or real change with the Liberal Democrats.

With sunshine, it would be have been wrong to avoid the doorstep! I must admit, it made me feel a tad old when I met 2 former students who are now mums. Came away one proud teacher.
As for the politics, the Tories are not popular, had several "I've always voted Conservative but this time its probably Lib Dem." :)
The fair tax message is going down well.

Finally, I returned to the email correspondence. Protecting the BBC was the new big issue today. The RSPB "Voice for nature" and the POWER2010 continue to bring in the emails. Amazing how close many of these campaigns are to Lib Dem policy and beliefs.

No comments: