Wednesday 31 December 2008

Prevention is better than cure

Did anyone else watch the BBC "on the Case" programme about eyesight? When a BBC team with an optician did a spotcheck in Aylesbury (where 9 out of 10 haven't had a eye test in the recommended last 2 years) the results were quite shocking.

And the main reason was the eye test fee costing normally £20.

I wonder what the result would be in South Suffolk? I must admit I'm guilty as the day before the programme I had my first test for too many years. Yet it was all the other checks that the optician did eg diabetes, cateracts that mean we shouldn't avoid this MOT if you will.

Government shouldnt put financial barriers in the way of preventative health care.

2 comments:

Margaret Nelson said...

Or dental care. Tried to find an NHS dentist lately?

nigel bennett said...

another vital area where preventative health care needs to be promoted and will save more money in the long run.